Information Service is the most complete and accessible source of
evidence and research for the public sector in the UK.
Established for over thirty years and with over 200,000 users, the Information
Service covers all aspects of local government. Key areas of focus include
public sector management, economic development, planning, housing, social
services, regeneration, education, and environmental services. Front-line
staff, managers, councillors, policymakers and consultants all benefit
Key features of the Information Service include:
- Database of policy documents,
policy analysis, and research in all areas of public sector policy
- Team of experts working on behalf
of members to save them time and keep them informed.
- Current awareness service to
keep members up-to-date with the most important news and developments.
- Research service available via
phone or email.
- Traditional library service
with books posted out to members to read when and where it suits them.
The Information Service is an essential resource which:
- supports decision-making in commissioning and delivery of public services;
- provides research and information to support evidence-based practice;
- benefits individuals and organisations by supporting CPD.
Access to the Idox Information Service is by annual subscription and
provides users with a single access point for up-to-date and reliable
In addition we offer:
- Scottish Planning Appeal Decisions
A database of planning appeal decisions in Scotland. Every year around
1,200 planning appeal decisions are made by the Scottish Government's
Directorate for Planning and Environmental Appeals (DPEA). We provide
a searchable archive of appeal letters dating back to 1976. Members
of the Information Service can use the SPADS service free of charge.
Non-members can pay per use. Contact IU@idoxgroup.com
for more details about SPADS.
- Scottish Planning and Environmental
A bi-monthly journal on all aspects of planning and environmental law,
published for over thirty years. Contact email@example.com
for more details about SPEL.